What would you do if you saw a live wire down?
A few months ago, a semi truck drove through our neighborhood. Staying on the straight path would have been fine, but the driver turned onto a side-street, snagging the power lines.
Live wires down. A tangled mess of electrified spaghetti. Sounds like a good name for a band.
We’ve all strayed from the straight path at one time or another. We hit a snag in life. Next thing we know our live wire is down and we’re feeling disconnected. You probably know someone experiencing that right now. Maybe it’s you.
As we roll into 2016, let’s be intentional about staying connected, and let’s not do this:
- Pull away from God and friends when life gets messy
- Miss an event or gathering when we know we should go
- Procrastinate about calling a friend (maybe one with a wire down)
- Feel defeated before we’ve even tried
- Live in our comfort zone, all comfy and cozy
- Place human limitations on what God can do, and what He desires to do through us
Let’s be in community…
- There are live wires down all over town. Before we become overwhelmed by the need, let’s pray each morning: God, lead me to the exact person You have chosen for me to connect with today.
- Take a step back. Encourage others to step forward. We don’t need to do it all, and God didn’t plan it that way. We can reach and encourage other women, two by two, but it doesn’t have to be the same two.
- What about that God’s girl you haven’t seen at church in a while? How about meeting her for coffee?
I’m convinced God created coffee for a purpose far beyond keeping our eyelids from drooping. Hot or cold, it brings people together. The Lord is so wise. If you don’t like coffee, tea works too.
Girls, we need to connect. This is the one time it’s good to get our wires crossed. Even if we don’t have a wire down, sometimes our spaghetti needs to be electrified. We need to stay connected to the Holy Spirit within us, our power source.
Never doubt there’s someone who needs to hear what God wants to say through you. Yes, you.
Why don’t we get to know each other right here?
Share something about yourself in the comments. It doesn’t have to be much, maybe a favorite hobby, a hometown, a talent, a dream, a goal. This is good practice for when we need an ice-breaker.
I’ll go first:
- Writing is my passion (after Jesus, family, ministry, and perhaps coffee of course).
- My hometown is Rockaway, NJ (no, I didn’t mean NY, there is a Rockaway in NJ!).
- I can twirl two batons at the same time. Aren’t you impressed? It will come in handy someday, I’m sure.
- I didn’t make the cheerleading squad in high school. You can read about it here.
- One of my goals this year is to publish two books. One of them being a children’s book of all things! If you have children, grandchildren, or know sweet kiddos at church or in your neighborhood, I’d love it if you’d be willing to spread the word. I’ll let you know when it’s available on Amazon 😉
- One of my dreams, is to plop a Neighbor’s Table smack in the middle of my side-yard, and invite the neighborhood gals over for, I don’t know, coffee? Perhaps a light meal, girl-talk, and however else the Lord leads.
Ok, now it’s your turn! Share some tidbits about yourself.
Have a blessed and joyous New Year my friends,